We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suitable for family visit..

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suitable for family visit..

Having never been to Amsterdam before I would like some advice.Our 10 year old daughter is desparate to visit Anne Franks house and we have promised her a visit in October.

I would like a hotel in a safe area near to the house and other places to visit.I would spend £200 per night.There will be 3 of us.

Any suggestions please?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suitable for family visit..

Everywhere will be safe. Also no need to limit yourself to the area near the AF huis, Amsterdam has a very good transport system and you can also walk there easily.

Maybe look at the Linden hotel but if you are coming for three nights then perhaps an apartment rental would be better for you. Check airbnb or VRBO.

If you look on say booking.com then check for your required dates and amount of people i.e. 3, you can get a list of what is available. You can also get a map view.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suitable for family visit..

With a family I think an apartment would be nicer, for example in the Jordaan area.

Or try to find a hotel that actually has 3 person rooms, not just a 2 person room + a simple stretcher in the corner.

More about safety in Amsterdam: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c198229/The-N…

Get tickets in advance for Anne Frank House. It's also open in the evenings. With tickets you'll be able to skip the line which is usually very long.

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,216 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suitable for family visit..

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c210518/Amste…

4. Re: Hotel suitable for family visit..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:16