We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aarhus
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

Hi,

After having Priceline recommended to me I was looking at their webpage and I see that they have something called Express Deals. Is it possible to guess which hotels they are? I am currently looking at a deal for a 5 star hotel for $128 per night in City Center for August 5 to August 9.

https:/…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,163 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

Priceline tend to use most of the hotels they also use for bidding and there is a very long thread about those. i.e the NH Barbizon, Amrath etc.

With Amsterdam being pretty compact there are not that many 5 star's in the centre and certainly no bad ones so $128 per night is a good deal but you can also be fairly assured of a decent well located place by just biding.

If I were you I'd bid first as you still have plenty of time.

Or if you feel happy with that price take it. You don't give enough info for anyone to guess what hotel it is though.

Edited: 25 July 2014, 22:00
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,920 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

There are folks pretty good at guessing these hotels you see on the express deal or Hotwire.

The two things to look at other than the star level and zone of course would be their amenities and their review rating.

Let's say you see a 4 star center city zone with a pool and a 8.0 review rating. I'd then flip over to the Priceline regular reservation system and look at the list of their hotels. And on that list I'd look for a 4 star in that zone with a pool that had a 8.0 review score.

That would be the only way I'd know how to do this.

I have stayed in a slew of 4 and 5 stars over the decades in Amsterdam. I still have not run into a bad hotel. Of course this is very much a YMMV thing.

As far as the express deal if it were me I'd stay away from 3 stars, make sure I was in center city zone or central Canal Zone, and I would take any 4 or 5 star if I liked the price assuming I was going to get a very quality hotel.

I can't think of any 4 or 5 star I would have on my avoid list.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,920 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

I now see a 5 star center city zone for $121 (the prices do change quickly) 8.0 review score, fan favorite, and free Internet.

An Nh would be my guess since they show up so often on PL and because they all now have free Internet.

It's a guess. But no matter the hotel it's hard to go far wrong on a 5 star in August for $121 in the center.

Aarhus
Level Contributor
120 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

Thank you for your advise. I thought that I had made a link to the deal but I see that it is just a link for priceline.com.

5. Re: Identifying Express Deal hotel on Priceline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18