We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yes, another bus 197 question

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
yes, another bus 197 question

I have been reading the threads looking for an answer and tried finding the info online but to no avail. I'm staying at the American Amsterdam and have found all the info on coming FROM the airport but my question is concerning returning TO the airport. My flight leaves @0730 on a Saturday. I had a hard time reading the bus schedule on the website. How often does the 197 run on Saturdays, and how can I find a schedule that is easy to understand where I can know what time to expect the bus to arrive at the Leidseplein stop? I am not a youngin' and hate rushing and running. I'd rather be an hour early somewhere than have only moments to spare.

thank you in advance.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: yes, another bus 197 question

What kind of website are you refering to?

Simply use www.9292ov.nl/en to plan your trip.

If you take the 5 am bus, you will arrive at the airport with two hours to spare.

It seems that if you want to be earlier, you will have to take the nightbus and at least one change.

Just use the site to check out your options.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yes, another bus 197 question

this one: www.connexxion.nl/dienstregeling/halte…

thank you for the link. I just didn't know if that 5am bus started at the airport or where it started from. was looking for what time it arrived at the Leidseplein stop. thanks again.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,557 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yes, another bus 197 question

The N97 nightbus runs hourly through the night but leaves from the stop on the Stadhouderskade outside NH hotel so just another 100m walk. There's one at 04:02 which will get you to the airport at 04:35. Probably that is way too early for you.

The 5am 197 is your best bet I guess. Strangely though it does not show this bus on the connection site.

www.connexxion.nl/dienstregeling/lijn…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: yes, another bus 197 question

thank you for the link

5. Re: yes, another bus 197 question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15