We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay

Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay

Hello

I'm planning on a trip to Amsterdam next May with my husband and another couple. None of us have been to Amsterdam before so are a bit clueless as to where is the best place to stay.

We want to be close to pubs, clubs, cafés & restaurants etc.

what area is best? Can people also recommend hotels or b&b's?

Thanks in advance 😄

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay

Read this first and then come back with more specific questions. When you do so, be sure to include a budget so you get better advice.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c156882/Amste…

Have you considered an apartment?

Edited: 02 August 2014, 13:33
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

This is the only way I would go for as far as a 4 or 5 star hotel in Amsterdam. A very popular option here.

Ask questions if you have any

Edited: 02 August 2014, 14:59
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,528 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay

Another very good option if you want a more traditional B&B type of setting. With a May 2015 date you might with some luck find two rooms open for your date.

Then again they could already be full. If you like this one.do not delay. It's a cult fav of many and the only two star in Amsterdam with a lift that I know of.

Hotel Brouwer

Edited: 02 August 2014, 15:04
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay

Anywhere in the center is fine. Bars and restaurants can be found all over the center (and outside the center too).

The most popular nightclubs are situated around Leidseplein. A few others are on Rembrandtplein but it's all within walking distance from each other. By May new clubs may also have opened up (and one of the most popular ones won't exist anymore by then... Club Trouw).

Leidseplein is also a convenient location when it comes to the museums, and the canals, and Vondelpark.

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

5. Re: Advice on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2015, 06:16