We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rye, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

I'll be in Amsterdam with my BF for a brief two night stay in September. I'm looking for a 4 or 5 start hotel in a centrally located area. After reading some of the posts here, I'm intrigued by Priceline which I've never used. As I'd rather not stay in a residential area, I was thinking that we'd probably like Central Station, Rembrandtplain, or Leidseplain areas best as they seem to have a lot of activity, restaurants, shops, etc. Which areas do they correspond to on the price line map? And please correct me if I'm wrong that these might be the best areas for me to stay given what I'm looking for. Conversely, if anyone has a specific hotel that they love which is under $350/night I'd be interested. Thanks!

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
9,149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Check the boxes for "central canals area" and "city center". Be sure to avoid the 11th through the 16th (and maybe a few days each side of that ) as that's the IBC conference when rooms go out of sight.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 19:23
Rye, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Thanks. We will be there the 8th through 10th, no flexibility on those dates…hopefully we will find something not too outrageously priced!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k76848…

I will assume you have seen this thread? Also read our top question on the right dealing with cheap hotels.

Ask any questions you might have

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,231 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Check out the Priceline express deal for your dates. I just did. It is not normally quite the bargain bidding is but it is quality hotels at far below market prices.

The prices for sept 8 checking out the 10th is hopeful. Plenty of city center or central Canal Zone 4-5 stars for $300 to $173

A win via bidding "should" be found below those numbers. How far below is a guess at present.

If I were bidding I'd go for a 4 star and start the bidding at $85. I'd go up maybe $5-$7 each additional bid assuming some are needed.

Others might try a different approach.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

All these hotels will fi the bill

http://tinyurl.com/kmzsovr

Bidding on Priceline is also my preferred option these days.

6. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 21:15
Rye, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Tlhanks for the advice, unfortunately the BF is not comfortable with Priceline, he doesn't want to take a chance that we'll get something we won't like since it's our first time there. I've narrowed it down to these 3: The Ambassade Hotel, the Estherea, and Swissotel. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Purely based on location I'd say Ambassade, or Estherea.

Swissotel is in 'the gutter of Amsterdam', one of the ugliest streets that Amsterdammers hate most, with neon signs and tourist shops only, very noisy with traffic and nighttime people going out. The other two are only a stone's throw away but along beautiful canals.

Rye, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

Thanks for letting me know. I've booked the Estherea, will give a review when I get back!

10. Re: Traveling to Amsterdam in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17