We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

são paulo
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

Hi

we are in 2 adults and 2 fragil elderly people

I would like to know what it's the best option in transport to get from Amterdam to Gent with this group.

Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,039 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

About your only option is the train or you might be better renting a car if there are 4 of you.

NSInternational.nl

Edited: 16 August 2014, 20:27
K K
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

It is far easier to drive than to take trains for sure, because of the changes involved.

Parking in Gent, the city center is a bit crowded, but there are paid parking garages which you can aim for. I parked at a parking lot called Kouter and it was close to trams and places to visit in the center.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

I think renting a car would be easiest (and cheapest). Rent from a rental company on the street in Amsterdam called Overtoom so as to get out of the hectic city soon and avoid driving in central Amsterdam. Or even rent from Schiphol airport which might also offer more favorable times you can return the car on. (Overtoom car rentals are often closed on Sundays or parts of the Sundays.)

I parked in central Ghent on the street for only €10 for a full day (as an Amsterdammer I think that is super cheap, in central Amsterdam you pay €5 per HOUR). For street parking you may need coins.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 22:49
4. Re: Travel from Amsterdam to Gent with handicap on wednesday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:16