We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

Its almost time to go..

But I have a question about the Amsterdam card. It seems expensive 63 Euros for 3 days

I understand it is not good for the Anne Frank House nor do I see free admission to the Riksmuseum (A small discount)

I only see Free Admission to the Van Gogh Museum and a canal boat ride, along with free metro. And maybe free Admission to the Remrbant house and Dutch Resistance museum

(These are the attractions I am interested in going to)

What am I getting for my money

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,645 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

You get for your money what it says you get on their website so not sure what you are asking. You have to decide which attractions you want to go to, check the actual cost of admission and add that up. If using the City Card (it's €67 for three days by the way) saves you money then it would be silly not to use it.

Do you actually need transport around the city? You can buy a three day GVB card for €16,50 seperatey.

There is also the Holland Pass and the Museumkaart. The Museumkaaart is €54 and will give you unlimited access to all the places you mentioned including the Rijks and also the Anne Frank Huis.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

How much do rides on the Metro cost?

Do they have unlited weekly passes or multi trip discounts?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,645 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda…

All answered in the top Q's

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-s303/Amsterda…

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

Is the Metro on a Zoned System liked London or flat fare anywhere like New York?

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

howardform,

you need to do the math to find out if its "worth it" to you. They list what is free and not so all you need to do is to see if the pencils out.

I bought the other card since it was "worth it" to what i wanted to do and see and also it was good for 1 year.

good luck.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,645 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

Most people just end up walking or renting a bike. If you buy day cards they are good for any GVB transport the city.

Central Amsterdam would comfortably fit in London Zone 1 I would say.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,870 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

pass good on any GVB product...bus, metro, tram...which encompasses Amsterdam.

8. Re: Is the Amsterdam Card Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:16