We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Topic
Cruise stop

Can anyone help me with this please. We will be arriving in the Amsterdam cruise port via the MSC Opera. How far is this from the train station? Where can I find the train schedule and cost? What do I enter for the "from/to" locations?

Our cruise line charges 29Euros for a return bus trip but they only allow 4 hours in town. We would prefer to take the train if possible and spend more time.

Thanks in advance.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,372 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop

Unfortunately you will be docking at IJmuiden, not Amsterdam cruise port which actually is in Amsterdam.

There is not train station there and the bus/train takes over an hour. You can use the www.9292.nl/en planner using Felison Cruise Terminal, IJmuiden as your starting point and Centraal station Amsterdam (or where ever you want to actually go to) as your end. You will need to change from bus 82 at Sloterdijk Station.

What time does your ship dock and leave?

msccruises.com/gl_en/…Ijmuiden.aspx

Edited: 17 August 2014, 19:03
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop

Thank you so much for this. We will be docked from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm. I think we have to be back on the ship by 5:00 pm though. I did not realize that IJmuiden was so far. We might just do the ship tour then.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop

If you take the ships tour you will not have to worry about the cruise leaving you if you are late.

If you are on your own for those 4 hours the top question to the right on what to do for first time visitors should help a lot.

You can get a lot of good advice here on how to maximize those 4'hours.

4. Re: Cruise stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:18