We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gvb card for buses

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
gvb card for buses

Sorry if this has been covered recently, but I have a poor data connection which makes searching tedious. I am visiting Amsterdam and got the 96 hour gvb card. I only used the trams the 1st day, but thought it was good on buses as well. I tried to board the 170 bus today near the Anne Frank House and was told I couldn't use my card on the bus? How can I tell which buses I can use with the GVB card? Or is it just for the trams? What about Metro stations? Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,054 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gvb card for buses

Hi there,

All GVB buses, they are painted white-blue and not Red or Yellow like the 170 which is Connexxion. Solely regional buses are non-GVB so your card has enough coverage!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gvb card for buses

The ones with GVB on the side.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gvb card for buses

Thanks a bunch. I thought the 170 was blue and white but I could be mistaken. I'll look for the GVB next time. :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,971 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gvb card for buses

and it is good on the metros..the main metro station behind the GVB building across from centraal station.

merlin666
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gvb card for buses

Is the airport express 197 a GVB bus?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,297 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gvb card for buses

No its Connexxion

Atlanta
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gvb card for buses

I took the 197 bus to the airport this morning. $5 per person - about 45 minutes from Leidseplein to Schiphol.

8. Re: gvb card for buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16