We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike parking at Schiphol ?

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bike parking at Schiphol ?

Does anyone know if it's possible to park a push-bike at Schiphol airport over the weekend ?

Prepared to pay if need be - free parking would be even better :-)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,879 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

To be honest I have never noticed but thousands of people work at the airport and I'm sure a fair proportion of them cycle to work. You can probably also go to the P40/P30 parking and take the free buses from there.

I have to ask why would you cycle to the airport though?

Edited: 19 August 2014, 18:10
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

As a non-native English speaker I must be misunderstanding the word push-bike, but I didn't think the OP was cycling to the airport on this: http://bit.ly/1rTt2xk

Looks more like a thing you'd put in a large locker??

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,879 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

LOL no he means a normal fiets!! Would be funny if he rocked up to the airport on one of those!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

Never too old to learn new things about weird English words! :-)

(And Google is not always my friend, as it turns out)

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

Haha, yes a push-bike is just another English word for a "fiets" :-)

I do fancy the idea of turning up at work on one of the kiddie bikes in that link tho :-)

The reason I would cycle to Schiphol is that I am currently workong only 12 minutes ride from there !!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

Ha ha yes pretty cool to turn up for work on a kiddie bike. Could be a Smack the Pony sketch.

The website only says something about cycling routes to see the planes, but not about bike parking. But I cannot imagine there being no bike parking spots, either outside the terminals or in the car parking garages.

I did find something about bike lockers but for Schiphol staff only. vcc-schiphol.nl/index.php/…fiets

Paris, France
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

There are plenty of free bike parking lots at Schiphol both enclosed and open.

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

So I went there today because I had a meeting and parked my bike for 3 hours - no drama...

As ginfernow says, there are a ton of places to park a push-bike :-)

I will park it again on Friday morning and fully expect it to be there when I fly back in on Monday !

9. Re: Bike parking at Schiphol ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16