We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal cruises

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plettenberg Bay...
Level Contributor
95 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Canal cruises

Has anyone reading this done the hop on hop off tour? Is it worth it? Or better to just take the usual cruise?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal cruises

i did it a few years back and thought it was well worth it,, its a great way to see the city from a differnt view,, try to the canal hopper they are a smaller open ,,

enjoy \

peace matty

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canal cruises

When I was sitting at the Prinsengracht I noticed a lot of open canal hopper boats, smaller ones and bigger ones, with cushions and without, if I´m right.

Are they run by a special company or are there several companies that run these boats? They were looking very nice and I can imagine that it might be more fun on a sunny day than the usual canal cruise boats.

Edited: 12 September 2014, 19:04
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canal cruises

They are ran by Canal and the smaller ones operate in the summer months only.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canal cruises

We just did a tour on one of the small open boats from the steps nr Central station. It was excellent and we were able to go down some of the smaller canals which the big boats don't fit in. Its also more personal with a skipper who talks to you personally not via an intercom or in 4 different languages. There are cushions and it was quite comfortable for the hour and a quarter cruise. There is also a retractable rain cover which may be useful to know!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
23,572 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canal cruises

Is this the one to do?

http://www.amsterdamcanalcruises.nl/

I was thinking in the evening so that in the day time I can go to sites to see that close at a particular time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canal cruises

www.canal.nl

Edited: 12 September 2014, 21:02
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canal cruises

These are the reviews about the HOHO buses and boats, so find the ones about the boats. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g188590-d1…

ny
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canal cruises

What is the name of the cruise company

ny
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canal cruises

I would like to hire a private guide for the Rijk museum. Can suggestions? or maybe a private guide for art around amsterdam and the Rijk.

10. Re: Canal cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2015, 05:15