We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time travling solo!!

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
First time travling solo!!

Travling solo for the first time.

How is amsterdam in late sep early October.

Is there events. Where can I meet people

Thank you :)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time travling solo!!

This page says what's on, so check it again befroe you get here: http://www.iamsterdam.com/

You could use www.couchsurfing.org to meet up with people. There are weekly meet-ups or you can post your own event or post in a forum. Or just talk with people for example in brown bars.

And though this website is geared towards women, here you find good tips about traveling solo: wanderlustandlipstick.com/wandertips/solo/

Cecilia // Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Edited: 27 August 2014, 19:12
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,080 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time travling solo!!

Where can I meet people? In your hotel or hostel, pubs, brown bars, coffeeshops, etc. Places where you will find travelers pretty much like you.

If you are a toker or coffeeshop-friendly there is a site-----"who is in town" that tracks meet and tokes in the local shops. I have found that a great way to meet people over the years.

I will post that link if that is of an interest.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 19:49
3. Re: First time travling solo!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:17