We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am Amsterdam card

Sabah
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
I am Amsterdam card

If I am going for the free canal ride which is included in the "I am Amsterdam card" package, do I need to make a booking for the canal ride in advance? Or I just have to join the queue at the designated counter for my ride? What about the 25% off regular admission price for Heineken Experience? Do I still enjoy the 25% off admission price if I do the booking online? Or the discount is only applicable when I buy my ticket direct at the counter?

Would appreciate some advice on the above. Many thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,879 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am Amsterdam card

No you just turn up for the canal ride. No need to book the Heineken Experience in advance. No queues.

Sabah
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I am Amsterdam card

Thanks Ronaldo!I may not be able to complete all my itineraries in a day. If i buy a 24hr I am Amsterdam card, besides the free visits n rides which I need to complete within 24hrs, what about the discounts which I get to enjoy? Are the discounts privileges also valid only for 24 hrs? Can I still use the card to enjoy discounted rates for the Heineken Experience and other venues within the next few days? Thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,701 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am Amsterdam card

As far as I read the conditions on the site the only time-restricted element is the GVB 24h pass. The coupons for the other attractions could be used on other days too (within maybe 1 month after purchasing). But it's not 100% clear from their website, so if anyone stands up with more confirmed info or if you contact them yourself it's safer.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,879 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am Amsterdam card

It's my understanding that everything is time limited to the validity that you purchased from the first time you use the card. The GVB pass comes as a separate card so that has different validity from the time you first use it. TBH I'm not 100% sure about the discounts so you would be better to e-mail them directly. I also can't find anything on their site about using them within 24 hours. I am not a big fan of the City Card. I mean it does not even get you int the most important museum in Amsterdam, the Rijks.

Why not look at the Holland Pass instead which can be used anytime.

5. Re: I am Amsterdam card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 06:16