We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

Which Amsterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

We are flying from SD to Atlanta to AMS to St. Petersburg airport. We have a 2 hour layover in the AMS airport before connecting to our next flight that goes to St. Petersburg. All of these flights are through Delta, although we fly on Delta's code share, KLM, on the last flight to St. Petersburg. Please tell me if the transition in AMS airport requires going through customs. In other words, what should we expect during this transition? I haven't ever been in the AMS airport before. Thanks so much!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

See the top q about Schiphol to the right. Will explain all.

Basically bags checked through. No customs or immigration. 2 hours id plenty. Very easy.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,956 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

Long day!

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

Thanks, RonaldoC...I had read the top question/answer, but still wanted clarification from an actual person. We are not checking our bags...have carry-ons. Forgot to add that to my post.

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
400 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

ddavis1950...long 2 days of travel. :)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,616 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

>>still wanted clarification from an actual person<<

LOL I wrote the article and I am an actual person which is why I didn't feel like repeating myself for the 500th time. Would mot matter if you had bags or not as you would not see them in Schiphol anyway.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

I can confirm, Ron is an actual person.

7. Re: Changing Planes in Amsterdam Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 06:15