We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol to Haarlem

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Schiphol to Haarlem

We'll be arriving in Holland on the 3rd of July at 1750. Am I right in thinking that bus 300 goes from Schiphol to Haarlem and if so how much is it? Also, does anyone know if it stops near Oranjestraat or is it a simple walk from Central Station? I only ask since we have a 3 and 8 year old who will probably be grumpy!

Many thanks in advance,

Harry

Leidschendam, The...
Level Contributor
53 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

You can take bus 300 and leave at the stop Centrum/Verwulft in Haarlem. I think it is abou 10-15 min walk from there.

Or you switch bussess in Hoofddorp at the Hospital and take from there bus 140 to Wilsonsplein in Haarlem and that's also about 10-15 min walk, because to have to walk to a bridge to cross the canal 'de Leidschevaart'.

So I would advise take bus 300 leave in the centre walk over the Botermarkt into the the Keizerstraat, cross the canal then to the left and after 50 m on your right hand the Nassaustraat.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Thanks for that, I'm going to have to sit down with google map and work out all the points you talk about. Looks like a 15 minute walk whatever way we take to get into Haarlem.

Many thanks for the info.

Harry

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

De_Reiziger,

I've now had a chance to look at Google Earth and thank you once again for the instructions. Verwulft does look like the best stop for me and the family. We're still trying to decide if a pre-booked taxi will be faster (So we can get to the shops before they are shut) and not een beetje duur. I've seen one advertised for 36 Euro, I assume this is normal price?

Thanks again,

Harry

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

My addition. When you exit the Central arrival Hall cross 2 traffic lanes than a bit to the left there is a blue sign on the stop with bus 300 on it (among others!!!) make sure you take direction Haarlem

Enter the bus in front, to buy tickets from the driver.

Or buy in the ctrl arrival hall at the AKO newsstand a STRIPPENKAART present this to the driver and he will stamp the necassary strips on this card. (this way the trip is about 20% cheaper)

And you can use the remaining strips for an other trip (the cards are anyway valid until dec 31)

Map: Google to via michelin, and also click on More about vshp129

Vic

Best is that one of you enters the bus in front to deal with cards, the others in the second door there is moore space for luggage.

This bus rides every 10 minits !!

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
939 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Second:

Price one way Euro 3.22 each or 7 strips each. STRIPPEN KAARTEN are there with max 45 strips. these cards costing Euro 19.80 the kids may travel cheeper (driver will know) these cards are only to be used in busses.

For trains you have to buy tickets at the station best to travel from Haarlen to Amsterdam is by train train rides every 10-15 min see www.ns.nl

Vic

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Vic,

Prachtigg, dank je wel (Sorry, am trying to re-learn my Dutch which I haven't used in years). It;s okay, I won't try anymore Dutch just now! <G>

Good idea on making the children and their Mum get on the bus at the other door but don't tell her I said that.

Thanks again,

Harry

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Vic,

Thanks again for the prices, really helpfull. Still trying to decide on the bus, only thing is the time as I'd like to be in Haarlem and at the house by 1930 so I can go to the supermarket for food and the likes as I'm told they close at 2000.

Anyhow, really appreciate the info.

Harry

Hoofddorp, The...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Hi

3 juli is a thursday, right?

Many supermarkets close at 2100 hrs during weekdays....

and by the way, there is a big one at the airport Plaza arrivals hall called food village, wich closes at 2200 hrs....

Regards

Wiki

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Wiki,

Dank je wel. Yes, it's a Thursday but the airport does sound like an easier option and it's only for a few essential till I get to an Albert Hein <sp> the next day.

Groetjes,

Harry

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schiphol to Haarlem

Hi there,

I wouldn't bother shopping for groceries at schiphol (it's fun though but expencive). I believe the Dekamarkt (supermarket at the gedempte oude gracht) is open until 22.00. The albert hein until 21.00 i think. But when you're arriving at 1750 you'll have plenty of time to do your shopping!

The other shops will also be open that night. At thursdays Haarlem has long opening hours until 21.00.

Ok, if you take the bus, take the 300. It's the easiest and quickest way. otherwise a taxi is also ok.

Get answers to your questions about Haarlem
Recent Conversations