We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schipol to Haarlem bus

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Schipol to Haarlem bus

Can you assist. Arriving at Schipol airport and travelling direct to Haarlem, Belive the easiest way to do this is by taking the 300 zuidtangent bus to Haarlem.

In light of strippenkart no longer being in use what would be the easiest way to pay for the journey. Can you pay by euros when you board the bus. After my visit to Haarlem I will be travelling by train to Amsterdam where I plan to use my exploring on foot as opposed to transport so buying a chipcard would probably not be value for money.

Any advice. Many thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,576 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schipol to Haarlem bus

Hi there,

Officially between Schiphol and Haarlem the strippenkaart should still be allowed but the same buses are coming from AMS and AMS-Schiphol it's not allowed, so better avoid it; simply not certain whether the buses still have working strip machines.

The drivers should be able to sell you single rides, costing 4 euro. Which is not bad value, with chip or strip it's in the area of 3 euro for this distance. Cash payment indeed.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,920 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schipol to Haarlem bus

also make sure your bus says haarlem...it may sound obvious but they also have a zuidtangent bus going the other direction..these busses are cool...they literally have their own road they travel on..

Spain
Level Contributor
278 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schipol to Haarlem bus

I use this bus all the time to and from the airport. It is €4 in cash but Strippenkarts are still in use in Haarlem and can be used on this bus and on this route. If the machines are out of order then the bus driver stamps it. The problem is strippenkarts are not available for sale in the airport at Schipol where absolutely everyone who works there assumes that every single person who lands is going to Amsterdam therefore it is not necessary to stock it. I had to pay for the bus and then buy a strippenkart in the newsagents in Haarlem. This information is correct as of Thursday last week.

4. Re: Schipol to Haarlem bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem
Recent Conversations