We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haarlem on Sunday?

Which Haarlem hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
559 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Haarlem on Sunday?

Hello,

Is Sunday a good day to visit Haarlem? Is the tourist information office open? We would like to get a map of the Hofjes there and tour them.

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,730 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

Hi there,

Tourist office is open noon-4 PM. And all cafes and restaurants will be open as are the museums. Almost all shops closed but if that's not your focus do go!

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Germany
Level Contributor
559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

Thanks a lot!

Better without the shops - we'll just wander the streets, take a peek at the Hofjes and probably visit the Teylers museum.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

Most shops will be open from 12 - 6pm and it's quite busy every Sunday but not as busy as in Amsterdam.

You can also easily walk to Molen De Adriaan ( windmill) which you can visit and it has a terrace to sit and have coffee in front of it.

Germany
Level Contributor
559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

Thanks AnnaNLCH!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

may i suggest the Frans Hal museum in Haarlem

www.flickr.com/photos/amsmatty

Edited: 20 July 2012, 12:12
Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

I heartily concur with matty223's suggestion. Not only is the museum pretty interesting, but the whole area around it is very pleasant to walk through.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
161 posts
464 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

I'd regard the must see sites in Haarlem as the Frans Hals Museum and St Bavo's Kerk on the Grote Markt (not to be confused with St Bavo's Catherdral). Also interesting are the Vleeshal and Haarlem Archeological Museum (opposite St Bavo's) and the Historisch Museum Haarlem (opposite the Frans Hals). Teylers Museum I find a bit dusty and boring.

8. Re: Haarlem on Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Haarlem
Recent Conversations