We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Haarlem to the beach

Krakow, Poland
1 post
Save Topic
Getting from Haarlem to the beach

I'll be making a day trip from Amsterdam to Haarlem, and I would really love to make it over to the beach there....what is the best/easiest way? And is there any particular place I should visit? Thanks!

1. Re: Getting from Haarlem to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 November 2013, 12:08
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Haarlem to the beach

You can take a train to Zandvoort which is a bit of a bleak town along the beach.

Or you can take a bus to Bloemendaal which is a nicer beach in my opinion (lacking the ugly buildings) but I'm not sure if the beach cafes are there year-round.

When are you going?

You may also want to take in Zuid-Kennemerland national park which is sort of between Haarlem and the beaches and is a beautiful area of dunes and trees, which will be quite colorful with autumn colors now. You coukd rent a bike and bike there from Haarlem Central Station, in about half an hour to 45 minutes you can reach the beach.

As for public transport, this will tell you which bus or train to take and how long it takes: www.9292.nl/en (you can also use it for your Amsterdam - Haarlem trip).

3. Re: Getting from Haarlem to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2014, 05:17