We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

Which Lisse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

we plan to go with our toddler and I think she will be maxed out at 3-3.5hours. will this be enough time?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,113 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

Hi there,

For the average visitor 2-3 hours is really plenty! Only the real flower-addicts will want to spend almost a whole day there.

Note that they also have playground, children's pet zoos etc.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
594 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

thanks so much!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

yes, 3 hours is plenty...by that time i was looking at my watch alot and yawning.

USA
Level Contributor
852 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

With your toddler, 3 hours will probably be enough....however, I just spent 8 hours there and enjoyed every minute of it.....plus, I biked the flower fields the day before.

Edited: 27 April 2012, 20:34
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

yawn.....

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

A friend just took her kids there (4 and 6) and at the end of the days he asked what they liked best, they said the playground. When she asked about the flowers, the eldest said "boring"....

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

Dear Jaee, When it’s your first time visit 3 hours will not be enough to see the whole park and all of the inside exhibitions. Right now the Keukenhof is at full bloom. All flowers (tulips, hyacinths and narcissus) are blooming. It’s amazing colorful. To get an impression you can see my latest pictures (made yesterday) in my Picasa webalbum. The latest pictures are at the end.

The flower fields, the Keukenhof and the flower parade from March 15 till April 27:

https:/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

3 hours was plenty of time for us - I'm a gardening nerd and wanted to take everything in, but we walk fairly quickly, and so walking all the way around the park, visiting all the exhibitions, playing with the goats and getting lost in the maze were all manageable in that time. :)

9. Re: is 3hours enough to see Keukenhof?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:15