We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Which Lisse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, VA...
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Hi All,

I'm coming over to Holland from Washington DC in April to visit Keukenhof.

For those of you that live in/near Lisse can you please post as it gets closer and the weather gives you a better idea of when peak bloom will be? I have flexibility as to when I go and am just looking for the best time frame to experience the "wow factor."

Dank U!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

When will be the peak bloom for the DC cherry blossoms? It's up to mother nature in the end, but the last 1/2 of April is prime-time at Keukenhof.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Just like last year, I will write an weekly update of the blooming status of the Keukenhof and the surrounding flower fields. please check back mid March. :-)

Nina

Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Hi, Nina.

By any chance, can you tell me the detailed route for the 2014 parade? I know it starts ion Noordwijk and goes to Haarlem, but I can't seem to find the actual roads it takes, and all the towns it passes through.

I'm hoping to find a less busy spot from which to watch the parage - preferably a nice sidewalk cafe right next to the road!! Any chance of that?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Hi any updates fr this year? Would mid Apr or end Apr b a good time to visit?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

updates will start from mid march / opening of keukenhof. Weather until now is mild with some rain. Normally best time to see tulips is last 2 weeks of april / first week of may. it all depends on the weather in the next weeks.

Route of the flower parade with timetable and streets can be found here bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/media/10032/BCB…

Nina

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Would 28 Apr b too late?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Thanks for the attachment. It says 30 Apr, 1 to 4 May. Does that mean that I can see the parade on ALL these dates? Sorry, I am not familiar with the street names, do I have to travel to Keukenhof to view the parade or I can see them near to Amsterdam Central Station?

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

No the parade is only on may 3rd. the days before they are building it and on the 4th you can see the parade parked in Haarlem. please see this website for more information about the parade http://bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/en/.

And no you can't see them near the amsterdam central station. but with a 15 minute train ride you can see the parade arriving in the city of Haarlem in the evening of may 3rd.

Nina

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

Ok thanks.

Can I also ask : Is there free shuttle bus from Schiphol Airport to Keukenhof? Or do I need to buy the combi tix (bus + entrance tix) in advance? Is it ok to buy when I am there? Is the Combi tix for 1 time use only? I realised there are different rates for combi tix featuring at Keukenhof website and other websites. Why is that so? And there's also "Holland Pass", "I Amsterdam City Card". So confusing...

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keukenhof 2014: peak bloom

There is no free shuttle bus to the Keukenhof. You can buy a regular busticket, use the OV chipcard or use a combi ticket (see the website www.keukenhof.nl for this). Combi ticket is one day only.

You can also buy a regular bus ticket and a regular entrance ticket (one day) to the Keukenhof.

For the Holland pass and Amsterdam card you have to do the math. Just list all the attractions you want to visit and see if it is easier/ economic benefit to buy a pass or not.

And there are companies who arrange day tours to the keukenhof. All have different prices.

Have a look at our Top Questions of the Keukenhof for more information tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c132284/The-N…

Nina