We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

Which Lisse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
495 reviews
Save Topic
Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

I did not find discussions about mosaics on TripAdvisor.

It seems that mosaics are to see in De Zilk on 12 and 13 april 2014 and in Lisse one week later.

Found some pics from last year's competition in Lisse.

www.bloemenmozaieklisse.nl/bezoekers/contact

In earlier years we found this mosaics by hasard and may be other people would like to go and have a look.

Cor and Nina: Do you have more news about?

mum47

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

Yes the mosaics are in De Zilk in the weekend of 12 april and in Lisse in the weekend of the 19th.

People have to sign up before, get the stuff to make the mosaics and show them in the weekend. The jury will bike/drive by and give points and the winner is announced afterwards. Mosaics stay there for just a couple of days - a week.

Best way to see them is by bike - a route will be announced for the Lisse mosaics about a week in advanced.

Nina

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
495 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

Unfortunately we come too late to see them, we will be in Noordwijk 1 week before and after corso.

We will go for the construction of the floats (opbouwdagen) at Klinkenberghal in Sassenheim.

opening times

30 april 2014 12.00 – 22.00 uur

1 may 2014 9.00 – 22.00 uur

2 may 2014 9.00 – 12.00 uur

I hope for good weather for the 2 mosaic-weekends and for the corso, especially for those who do so much work for it.

I found a dutch page how to make mosaics, it's a lot of work!

bloemenmozaieklisse.nl/bezoekers/deelnemen

mum47

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
724 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

@mum47, For the mosaics in Lisse you can pick up a free route map at the Lisse VVV during the mosaic weekend. Best is to do the tour by bike but it can be done by feet also.

Last year we had a very late spring and an early flower parade (corso). So they needed to import hyacinths from France. This year we have a very early spring and a very late flower parade. So they have a big problem with the hyacinths. They are all blooming right now. I suppose they will cut them right now and put them in a big fridge. So we have mixed feelings about this years flower parade!

Schwyz, Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
495 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

I was wondering, how it would be with this late date for the flower parade when I made the reservation for the appartement more than a year ago. I could not believe the date and the qwner of the appartement made sure for me that the date was correct.

As Hubby does not like the cold, we hope for mild weather, knowing that perhaps we will not see flower fields.

And for next year they seem to be back with the corso date to the "normal" time!

I remember that about more than ten years ago they also did not have enough hyacinths and replaced them partly with tulips.

We will know how it went within 4 weeks time.

mum47

5. Re: Mosaic competition De Zilk and Lisse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:15