We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Hi I land in eindhoven about 8:30am on a saturday (tomorrow!!) and was wanting to know the cheapest way to go immediately to delft.

Thanks in advance guys!

Nick

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,617 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Hi Nick,

www.9292ov.nl/en

No escape for the usual way of travel here: first bus to station and then train, in most cases the 2 x per hour direct train works best. No discounted tickets for tourists either...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Thanks! Is there a bus I can get the whole way for less?

N

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,617 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Nope, that's why I wrote:

"No escape for the usual way of travel here:"

Long distance buses over here, just as in many other European countries, do NOT compete with trains but only supplement them. UK and partly Germany are the exception here...

Have fun,

E+S

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

The ticket is only €18 and will get you there in 85 minutes by direct train. How much cheaper do you want it? For free perhaps??

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Will do, thanks kindly! Ron, im spending £6 on an 85 min bus to stansted so was hoping for similar prices, sorry if this offended you and no i wasnt hoping for free.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 15:21
Delft, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

www.123taxidelft.nl :)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Cheapest: www.hitchhikers.org

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Flying from Dublin to Eindhoven with Ryanair is far cheaper than flying to Amsterdam with Aer Lingus. The €18 train ticket sounds great. Getting a direct train without having to change is also great. Any other suggestions?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

There is no train station at the airport, you need to get a bus into town then train. In total it will take at least 2 hours. There's also the http://www.airexpressbus.com/ which is direct. If the timings suit you then that would be a better option.

However Aer Lingus do have decent fares. I am in Cork right now and only paid €109. The round trip ticket on the bus is about the same as the train, €40 so you would need to get the Ryanair flight for at least that much cheaper. Also factor in the travel time against flying to Schiphol.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eindhoven to Delft in the cheapest fashion

Thanks Ronaldo. I understand what you are saying and unless you time it right you can win or loose on the Ryanair flights. I just booked flights to France for May and the prices changed 3 times throughout the day. I got the middle price. €118 return for two people to La Rochelle. Can't be bad.

The 2 hour train journey is not really a problem as it is sometimes nice to see a bit of the countryside and if you are on a morning flight then all the better. Thanks for the link to the airport bus express. I investigated Delft a few years back but ended up going somewhere else. Back on the radar again.

Get answers to your questions about Delft
Recent Conversations