We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delft train station lockers

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Delft train station lockers

I am an American traveling from Amsterdam to Rotterdam in September. I wanted to stop at Delft on my way to Rotterdam, however, I will have my carry-on backpack with me. I read that, as of March, 2013, construction was going on at the Delft train station and there are presently no luggage storage lockers available there. I can't imagine trying to visit Delft with my backpack on my back! Does anybody have an update about whether they are now available? Thank you for your help with this!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,176 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delft train station lockers

Hi there,

Still not, ''construction" is an understatement as they're replacing the whole station and 2 km of railtrack by an underground tunnel. Sorry...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delft train station lockers

You may want to store your luggage at a locker in Rotterdam Central Station and then travel back to Delft... 15 minutes one way. A bit of hassle but maybe less hassle than walking around with a backpack. ns.nl/en/…luggage

Or phone or email a hotel or cafe close to Delft train station and ask them if they're willing to store your backpack for a while (saying that you're willing to pay for it will help create goodwill and I can't imagine they'll actually make you pay... but don't know how willing they will be). Most hotels have special luggage rooms for their guests anyway.

Or go into Delft with your backpack, sit down in a cafe that seems nice and that seems to have to owner working behind the bar (rather than some young hired staff who will be uncomfortable about making decisions), strike up a conversation, and later on ask the owner if you can leave your backpack there for a few hours. ;-)

Edited: 18 July 2013, 09:34
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delft train station lockers

P.S. Things to take into consideration: Delft has cobblestone streets so walking with a backpack is a bit more tricky. And navigating the construction works at the station with a backpack can be tiring. You will lose time storing the bag either way, so maybe the option of storing it in Rotterdam is most convenient? You decide. :-)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delft train station lockers

Sorry to be needing multiple posts.

The info about luggage says: "At a number of stations that do not have luggage lockers you can store your luggage in a luggage depot or Rijwielshop [bicycle shop] or Fietspoint [bicycle point]. You pay euro 5 per calendar day or partial day."

Delft station has a bike storage/rental lot: ns.nl/reizigers/reisinformatie/stationsvoorz… > it shows a phone number. You could ask them if they store luggage.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,327 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delft train station lockers

If you take the Fyra to Rotterdam and a train back to Delft it will probably get there before the train to Delft anyway so I would just do that and store your bag in Rotterdam. I take it you have to go back to rotterdam anyway later.

The Bike place mentioned in Delft is quite small from memory so might not have the space. You can always ask though.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delft train station lockers

Thank you so much for your attention to my question!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delft train station lockers

I think after reading all of the recommendations, the best plan would be to head straight to Rotterdam and then backtrack. That would mean more time to see your beautiful country! Thank you for your assistance!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,100 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Delft train station lockers

lets play a game..a prize for the winner...i say 2019 completion on the delft train station

9. Re: Delft train station lockers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Delft
Recent Conversations