We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

Which Leiden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

Hello, I would like to know if anyone can suggest any reputable short term apartment rental agencies for Leiden city centre. The university my son is considering studying at this summer can only place him on an apartment waiting list with no reply until at least two months prior to the start of classes. That seems to be a bit precarious to me to wait until that time to find out for sure hence my query.

Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

We will be staying at an apartment obtained through Untours for one week in September. I don't know if the rates are within your budget. www.untours.com

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

there are more agencies for finding accomodation here in Leiden, but most are aimed at only rooms (with shared bath and kitchen mostly). I'm not sure on the duration you have to rent it but think it is best to ask those agencies. Some have apartments as well. Be prepared for quite high renting prices though, Leiden is (for Holland) not a cheap city to rent a place. But perhaps it's better then at home.

Here are some:

www.slswonen.nl official housing company for rooms for students, but they have a special section for foreign students with apartments as well (but this might be the one the university offers)

www.stichtingroofs.nl/roofs_en/default.asp this is a company where students from leiden can rent their room or housing for a shorter term to foreign students. It is officiall and not aimed at making profit I think, and it does have a good reputation.

www.vijfsterrenleiden.nl, commercial company, not sure if they have an english site

www. rots-vast.nl, commercial as well

www.burohogeland.nl , another commercial one.

I think for a really shortterm rental (only a few weeks) it would be better to try either roofs (second link) or an agency aimed at holiday rentals. For a few months (3 or more?) you might have more luck with the last ones, or roofs. Feel free to ask me more (I live here now and studied here, so do have some knowledge on the city...), also on other things than housing, perhaps through a PM.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

Thanks very much, signora2 and lanneNL, for your kind advice. I'll check into Untours. I did contact SLSWonen and they don't rent for short terms (we're checking for a 3 week term). I'll check out the other commercial websites as well. Roofs did not really appeal to us, sorry.

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

if you are only looking for 3 weeks, then I guess most of the agencies I gave the link of, will not be able to help you....3 weeks is for here really short term, so try the holiday rentals then....!

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

Perhaps staying in The Hague (10-15min by train) or in a hostel in Noordwijk is an option? If your son has classes every day this might be a bit pricey, but finding a cheap place for such a short period in Leiden is difficult. Do you know the exact dates he'll be studying in Leiden? I live and study in Leiden, maybe one of my friends can think of a place to stay for him.

6. Re: Leiden: Short term rental apartment choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2010, 05:15