We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

England
4 posts
Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

Taking PO Ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and staying in Leiden. Since we can't check into our hotel until afternoon, I'm thinking of booking the coach from Europort to Amsterdam through the PO Ferries website and returning later to Leiden by train. Is that the best alternative?

Does anyone know how long the coach trip will take? Are there luggage lockers at the Central Station in Amsterdam? If so, any details on size and cost of lockers?

Thank you.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,477 posts
226 reviews
1. Re: Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

Hi there,

The ferry jetty is isolated so a P & O bus to Rotterdam Central or Amsterdam Central is recommended anyhow.

Yes, bus Amsterdam and then train makes sense. As it's morning rush hour the trip could take around 90 mins.

Amsterdam CS has lockers in standard and large sizes, large being something like a big backpack (not an oversized suitcase) as far as I remember - but others might have more recent experiences and additions. Cost is around 10 euro per day for a large one, again in my memories so additions welcome.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

England
4 posts
2. Re: Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

Thanks, <Erik> & [Sandya].

The info about the lockers is especially helpful - guess we'll pack light!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,477 posts
226 reviews
3. Re: Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

Yep, and an alternative I forgot to mention if you do have heavier luggage:

1) Bus to _Rotterdam_ Central.

2) Train to Leiden

3) To hotel, leave luggage for free in their luggage room - no problem with any standard Dutch hotel.

4) To Amsterdam (train).

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4. Re: Rotterdam Europort to Amsterdam Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 19:16