We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England to Rotterdam

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
England to Rotterdam

We will be driving around England for a couple of weeks in a hired car and would like to leave the car in England and go to Rotterdam to catch a Holland American cruise home to the USA. What is the best way to get from England to Rotterdam? Our itinerary is free and we drive in England frequently, so we can leave from just about anywhere that we can drop the car.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,077 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: England to Rotterdam

i would take the harwich to hoek van holland run..

http://www.stenaline.nl/en/ferry/

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
264 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: England to Rotterdam

The Stenaline ferry is a good option indeed, a night on the ferry and then arriving in Hoek, where a 20min train ride takes you to Rotterdam. Otherwise see if you can find a cheap flight from somewhere in England to Rotterdam airport....

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: England to Rotterdam

Both options mentioned are good. You also have the option of the Eurostar to Brussels and then either the Thalys or IC to Rotterdam.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,077 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: England to Rotterdam

congrats lanne..i see TA finally did it!!

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: England to Rotterdam

Thank you! I took a look at the Stenaline website--looks like that might be fun--more fun than yet another airplane!

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: England to Rotterdam

Thank you. I like the Stenaline option.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,077 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: England to Rotterdam

youre welcome...good luck

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
264 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: England to Rotterdam

Yes, Steveftw, but I didn't see the private message for a while, so it was mainly my own fault!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: England to Rotterdam

I came back last year on the Harwich/Hook of Holland ferry and it was relaxing and smooth (and a cheap bar!!)

Easy when you get off the ferry; simply board the train to take you into Rotterdam station; ferry ticket includes the cost of the train trip! Enjoy!! ;-)

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: England to Rotterdam

There is the option of P&O from Hull to Rotterdam if depending on where you are planning to leave the car.