We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

England to Rotterdam

Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
England to Rotterdam

We will be driving around England for a couple of weeks in a hired car and would like to leave the car in England and go to Rotterdam to catch a Holland American cruise home to the USA. What is the best way to get from England to Rotterdam? Our itinerary is free and we drive in England frequently, so we can leave from just about anywhere that we can drop the car.

London, UK
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: England to Rotterdam

I do this frequently. The new Stena boats on the Harwich-Hook run are really nice and comfortable so I'd endorse that suggestion, plus if you do the overnight run you effectively get a very cheap hotel room in the form of a ferry cabin.

Note that you do have to specify when you buy your ferry ticket that you want the train-travel option (it's called Rail and Sail, I think) - it's not automatically included. But it's only a few euros anyway and if you don't buy it in advance you can also buy train tickets on board the ferry.

12. Re: England to Rotterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 09:23