We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

I am travelling by Train from Schiphol Airport to Rotterdam on Friday. Staying at Inntel Hotel. Should I walk from Rotterdam rail station to hotel or take train to Leuvehaven? If you advise train to Leuvehaven, do I need to change train and can I get one ticket or will I need to by two separate tickets? Any help would be appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
56,735 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

Hi there,

It's about 15 mins walk from Rotterdam station to hotel. Metro for 3 stops, or a few tramlines, are maybe more convenient. Unless you go for the PAYG OV-chipcard (see 'top question' story) you need two separate tickets. journeyplanner.9292.nl is your friend for routes, times and maps.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

I've always found the simplest way to Leuvehaven is intercity train from the airport to Rotterdam Central. The train station is in the airport (like Gatwick), probably better to pay a little extra and use the ticket desks rather than the ticket machines. Saves bother if you buy your return ticket from `Rotterdam to Schipel at the same time

At Rotterdam Central ,follow the signs to the metro. Either buy a ticket from the machine or there is a booking office with a large RET sign on the roof. They sell a three day ticket if you need one.

Your hotel is about a 100 metres from the Leuvehaven metro station, towards the river.

Birmingham
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

thank you both for such helpful and speedy responses.

4. Re: Schiphol Airport to Leuvehaven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 23:17