We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free parking near Rotterdam

Which Rotterdam hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
just below the...
10 posts
Save Topic
Free parking near Rotterdam

Hi,

I am off to Rotterdam this week and would like to find somewhere where I can park for free for 4 days. Somewhere outside the city but with an easy train or bus ride to Rotterdam would be ideal. I will be comming from Calais so somewhere south would be best.

thanks

dan

Edited: 07 June 2011, 17:32
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

i cant recall parking in any public parking anywhere in the NL where you didnt have to pay..and to be able to do it for 4 days?...good luck...

just below the...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

How about park and ride would I be able to get a space for 4 days at a reasonable rate.

I know how hard it is to park for free so I was wondering about a small village or town a few miles out of the city with a good train or bus link

just below the...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

I have found some info on the Kralingse Zoom park and ride, it is said to be free. Does anyone know if it is still free and if I can leave my car there for 4 days?

who should I contact for this info, the local government or authority?

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

Parking at Kralingse zoom is free for those who travel into Rotterdam by public transport (see http://www.rotterdam.nl/tekst:penr_kralingse_zoom). I am not sure whether there is a maximum no. of days you are allowed to park your car there. The area is next to my university (Erasmus) and I noticed that there are less parking spots available at the moment due to construction works. There are 200 extra (free) parking spots available at Brainpark III though.

If you still can't find a spot, you can always drive to the area around the Oosterflank metro station and park your car there. It's not an official P&R spot, but it's a very safe residential neighbourhood. If you park in one of the main roads in that area, you will not bother local residents but can still park for free and take the metro into the city center.

just below the...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

Hi Waezk, thanks for your help, I have researched the park and ride and it looks like a good option. I am travelling into Rotterdam for a 4 night stay to explore the city. thanks for the advice about the Oosterflank area, I will have a look at that area as an alternative.

6. Re: Free parking near Rotterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:21