We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport costs in the Hague.

Dundee, Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transport costs in the Hague.

I am going to the Hague and Scheveningen for a week on Saturday, and am trying to find out the exact costs of the following transport options;

Day ticket and what areas it covers

Weekly ticket with one, two and three stars, and what areas that covers.

I have looked online and have been unable to get the exact cost of these option. I would be so grateful if some kind Dutch person would be able to provide me with the costs, as my Dutch is not up to browsing the transport sites and finding exactly what I would like to know.

Many Thanks

Lenni

Gouda, The...
Level Contributor
405 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport costs in the Hague.

I've copied this information of the website http://denhaaggb.holland.com/ (practical information-transport):

'Nationale Strippenkaart'

Tickets containing 2 and 3 strips are available from the driver, but it is much cheaper to buy a 15- or 45-strip card before you board a bus or tram. The 'Strippenkaart' is on sale at the The Hague and Scheveningen Tourist Information Offices, all post offices, most tobacconists and bookshops and at reception desks in a large number of hotels in The Hague. The 'Strippenkaart' is valid throughout the Netherlands, and includes travelling on regional busses and local trains.

How to use the 'Strippenkaart'?

The Hague is divided into zones. The basic fare for every journey is two strips. Add one strip for every zone you cross. Example: from the centre of The Hague to Scheveningen promenade is 2 zones. Your fare will therefore be three strips.

Day pass

This handy pass allows you unlimited travel for 24 hours without having to worry about the number of zones you cross or strips you need. The pass is valid in The Hague, Scheveningen, Rijswijk, Voorburg and Leidschendam and, at a slightly higher charge, also in Wateringen and Delft. The day pass is available from the The Hague and Scheveningen Tourist Information Offices, from the reception desks of a large number of hotels in The Hague and from the HTM customer service desks.

Night bus

The HTM operates a Friday and Saturday night service. Tickets to the night service, which departs from the Buitenhof and travels five different routes, are available from the bus driver only.

A strippenkaart with 15 strips costs 6,80 euro (over 65 4,50 euro) and a dayticket costs 6 euro.

I hope this information is helpfull. Enjoy your stay in The Hague!

Irma

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport costs in the Hague.

From the Centraal Den Haag station to Scheveningen, it takes 3 spaces on the strippenkaart. I've only had my tram tickets checked twice by inspectors (on at least a half dozen trips) while in tThe Netherlands and both were on Tram Line #9 between the station and Scheveningen just after the Madurodam stop.

The fish and chips at the Simonis stand on the promenade at Scheveningen are excellent.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport costs in the Hague.

So the 'Nationale Strippenkaart' is good everywhere?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,048 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport costs in the Hague.

Yes, for all trams/metros and almost all buses. Not for trains.

It's going to change, from 1-1-2008 onwards already Rotterdam makes the successor to the strippenkaart (OV Chipcard) compulsory.

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

5. Re: Transport costs in the Hague.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 08:28