We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in The Hague

Which The Hague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in The Hague

Hi. My husband and I are planning to spend New Years Eve in The Hague. Has anyone any reccomendations about what to do or restaurants to vist. We are happy to pay a bit extra for New Yeasr Eve but want a guaranteed good meal!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in The Hague

Below are some famous restaurant in the Hague. You might be interested on any of these:

Brave Hendrik

Gauchos Grill Restaurant

Café Restaurant De Boterwaag

Altro - Restaurant Bar!

Marinello - Ijssalon

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in The Hague

Thansk for that - i will have a look at their websites!

TheHague
Level Contributor
928 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in The Hague

I would hasten to add that none of these restaurants are particularly famous and are certainly not rated particularly highly.

Brave Hendrik - who ? In the middle of nowhere

Gauchos Grill - standard grill place

De Boterwaag - very famous, but only a a pub (and a nice one too), which so happens to serve very mediocre food during the daytime

Altro - who ?

Marinello - an icecream salon !

Just a warning that The Hague shuts down on New Year's Eve from around early evening until 2200-2300. You'll struggle to find even a bar open then. Even at midnight it will be very quiet (the rush starts at 1 am).

Most bars in The Hague charge an entrance fee on New Year's Eve, typically 20 Euros and this won't include any food or drinks.

Devon
Level Contributor
30 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in The Hague

Can anybody add anything else to the question please? My husband and I will also be in Den Haag for New Year and would like to find a nice restaurant that is open. Also, I've heard there's an excellent fireworks display, where is this held?

Any other tips welcome, I'm a bit concerned that everything seems to be closed on New Years Eve, this is unheard of in England!

Many thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,352 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in The Hague

I think that your best bet is to go to Schevingen, I think that there is a fireworks display there. maybe Casualist can confirm this.

However the Dutch go crazy with fireworks on NYE. They will be everywhere.

Your other alternative is to catch a train to Amsterdam then back after NYE. Trains are gonna run every hour to Den Haag HS.

den haag
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year in The Hague

Not sure about the fasmouse restaraunts in Den haag but for the Xmass and NYE you can check here :)

denhaag.nl/en/residents/to/Christmas-and-New…

7. Re: New Year in The Hague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 05:19