We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

haagse boss forest

Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
haagse boss forest

Hello,

Has anyone been there before i want to knw if it's worth a visit and if so how to get there by tram 1 or bus please?

Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,039 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: haagse boss forest

Hi there,

Would not call it a forest, more a city park with mixed levels of maintenance; sometimes a bit forest-like and sometimes more landscaped. Not that touristy but always subjective. Tram 1 and 9 pass by with several stops...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: haagse boss forest

Thanks alot! Do you know which is th nearest tram stop to it by tram 1?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: haagse boss forest

Tram 1 does NOT pass by.

You can walk straight trom Central Station.

Nice enough, especially if going up to the gate of the Queen's palace Huis ten Bosch.

Nicest is a walk in the dunes, between Scheveningen and Katwijk (13 km of nature), and/or Meijendel (google it).

A nice signposted walk (red-white) from Central Station to Meijendel, passing through Haagse Bos is here:

eropuit.nl/pdf/RoutekaartMeijendelApril2013.… (the walk description is all in Dutch)

Also great is the park Clingendael and many other parks and dunes in my town The Hague

The VVV (tourist office) in the library at Spui can tell you all

Edited: 05 August 2013, 11:59
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: haagse boss forest

Thanks a million! I heard it's opposite to denhaag central so i might just go there and ask. Does it close at a certain time?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: haagse boss forest

The VVV/Tourist Office has moved to the library in the centre, right opposite the Pathé Spuimarkt cinema and in front of the town hall.

Has about same opening times as the library. weekdays till 8 PM, weekend till 5 PM (Sundays just from noon)

Edited: 05 August 2013, 15:29
Oregon
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: haagse boss forest

Walking/cycling through Haagse Bos is also a nice way to reach the Louwman car museum.

7. Re: haagse boss forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 06:19