We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Train to Amsterdam?

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Train to Amsterdam?

Good morning! My son is leaving Washington, DC in a few hours for long-planned trip to Paris, Brussels, The Hague, and Amsterdam!

Currently, he's staying with a friend in The Hague and has not booked a hotel in Amsterdam. Can someone please advise: What's the cost of travel from The Hague to Amsterdam, for day trips? (Train?) And how long is the trip time-wise?

He's flying home from Amsterdam and wondering if it might make more sense to spend a night or two there, rather than traveling back and forth?

If he decides to stay in Amsterdam...any recommendations for an inexpensive, CLEAN hotel for a single 27-year old in proximity to public transportation?

Thanks in advance!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,077 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Price of Train to Amsterdam?

what about me? i actually answered your question

Gaithersburg...
Level Contributor
235 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Price of Train to Amsterdam?

Steve in Fort Worth-haha--MANY thanks! You did indeed assist, very appreciative!

Followed son's journey across the ocean to Paris on FlightView app--very cool! Now we'll rely on Viber app for free calls and texts!

Have a great day everyone!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Price of Train to Amsterdam?

:)

Edited: 18 February 2014, 21:04
14. Re: Price of Train to Amsterdam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18