We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from amsterdam to hague

Which The Hague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
turkey
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
from amsterdam to hague

Hi,

I plan to participate summer course programm about private international law in Hague. However I have acommodation problem. I have relatives in Amsterdam and during the programm I have to be in lesson at 9 or 10 AM in hague. Is there any way to go Hague from Amsterdam easily? Is there any fast public transporter in early morning?

If you help me I'd be glad.

Thanks....

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,118 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from amsterdam to hague

Hi Burcak,

Public transport here is reasonably fast, but that's between the hubs; if you don't live/study near stations then that costs extra time. A few guidelines:

* From any Amsterdam station to Den Haag CS or HS central stations: 50-60 mins. Trains start around 6 AM.

* From most areas of Amsterdam to nearby station, by tram or metro: 15-30 mins

* From Den Haag stations to most educational institutions, by tram or bus: 15-30 mins

Also take care of the travel cost. Www.ns.nl shows the railway ticket (and times), also in English; for tram/bus calculate 4-5 euro per day altogether.

Have a nice time,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from amsterdam to hague

Erik said it all but I can add that for public transport in cities you can use ONE card, a 15-"strippenkaart", 6.70 Euro. You'll need mostly to stamp 2 of these strippen which makes one ride cost about 1 Euro (indeed about 4 Euro a day, assuming that it's too far to walk from/to stations).

A normal day return Amsterdam-The Hague costs 17,50 Euro (now at least).

If you are going to travel a lot it is worth buying a reduction card for 55 Euro which gives 40% reduction for trains after 9 AM on weekdays but in July and August at any time and day.

3. Re: from amsterdam to hague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 01:19