We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

East London
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

I am travelling to Bruges on 30th Dec - 2nd Jan. I am looking into restaurants for NYE as I know booking will be essential! A few of the recommended restaurants I have emailed so far are closed over the new year which I am getting slightly worried about now! Even considering changing my dates. I am just looking for a relaxed restaurant, nothing too pricey or posh. Does anybody have any suggestions, or if anybody has had the same problem and all turned out ok - would be great to hear from you! Thanks

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

Hi

Restaurants that do open (not all do) will tend to have a fixed price menu for the evening and can be quite high in price (100€+). The menus are not normally released until November time, booking will be essential.

Are you staying in an hotel or an apartment? If the later, many restaurants do one off take away menus for you to take home and cook yourself. These can be tremendous value and great quality.

There is De Gastro & Den Goulden Karpel - both in the Vizmarkt (Fish Market) area that I believe are open on New Years Eve.

Which restaurants have you tried so far?

East London
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have tried De Stove which was recommended to me last time I visited Bruges but they close on 29/12, my hotel recommended Pieter Pourbus which also emailed to say they are closed. I emailed Den Dijver but they are charging 175 Euro per person for a set menu. I am just working my way through some restaurants recommended on this site, some have not replied to my email yet.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

Hi

De Gastro I think will be in the €100 per head range

www.degastro.be

Den Gouden Karpel - not sure, probably a bit more, their take away, to cook at home, for the evening is superb.

Others to try (not sure they are open):

In 't Nieuw Museum - http://nieuwmuseum.com/site/?q=nl

Bistro de Schaar - www.bistrodeschaar.be‎

De Nisse - www.denisse-brugge.be/

The above 3 are all on Hooistraat

The following is open, and here is their menu:

Parkrestaurant - www.parkrestaurant.be/NewyearinBruges.htm

The above is by Koningin Astridpark

Failing that - go out the night before and on New Years Eve eat early, have a few drinks and join the crowds for Vlaanderen ZIngt on 't Zand to welcome the New Year in in a different way. Bring Champagne and celebrate with the locals.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

Hi Jo022,

I was wondering if you had any luck booking a restaurant for NYE? I am also trying to do the same but am having a diffult time. What restaurant did you end up making reservations at?

5. Re: New Years Eve in Bruges - Advice please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 06:17