We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation questions, mainly

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation questions, mainly

I am planning a trip in July, probably arriving on Tuesday for 3 nights (from London) and then continuing on to Amsterdam.

Based on a brief visit many years ago, I had in mind to stay in Ghent and spend a day in Bruges and one in Brussels. Is that a good plan? I know there must be more to see and do than the short time will allow, but that's always true :-)

I'm also trying to decide which train to take from London. Where can I get the train schedule from Brussels Midi to Ghent? How much time does it take to change trains?

Are there cheap fares available for trains from Belgium to the Netherlands? If so, how far in advance do they go on sale?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation questions, mainly

< I had in mind to stay in Ghent and spend a day in Bruges and one in Brussels. Is that a good plan? >

Yes. Ghent is between Bruges and Brussels.

< Where can I get the train schedule from Brussels Midi to Ghent? >

Here http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/

Trains to and from Ghent stop at Brussels Nord (north) and Central as well as Midi. Central Station is the best one to use in Brussels.

< How much time does it take to change trains? >

A few minutes - depending on exactly where you are.

< Are there cheap fares available for trains from Belgium to the Netherlands? >

Yes.

< If so, how far in advance do they go on sale? >

3 months. b-europe.com/Travel/Destinations/Amsterdam

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation questions, mainly

Thank you, Colin.

Eurostar from London goes to Midi. Do you know if it also stops in Central?

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation questions, mainly

< Eurostar from London goes to Midi. Do you know if it also stops in Central? >

Yes I do know. It doesn't ! Midi is Eurostar's only stop in Brussels and is the terminus. However, if you arrive on Eurostar, you can use the Eurostar ticket to travel on from Midi to Central on a local train (about 3 minutes).

4. Re: Transportation questions, mainly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 10:23