We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man's clothing for travel

Cape Cod MA
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Man's clothing for travel

We will be spending two weeks between Amsterdam and Brughe with day trips to other areas. We leave this September first. My husband plans to only wear jeans... is that appropriate? We are an older couple, and he always looks neat and trim!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Man's clothing for travel

Jeans should be fine, although he might want to bring some shirts, socks and shoes. And maybe a jacket.

When I started travelling to Europe in the late 1980's, jeans would have stood out. But now, many Europeans have adopted them, just as have many in the US.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Man's clothing for travel

Yes, we indeed wear jeans and you can go everywhere with them... Only in case you would like to visit a very posh restaurant with a few michelin starts I would advise you to bring a special set of clothes with you. But jeans, shorts, 3/4,... will do for mostly all places...

Be welcome !

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Man's clothing for travel

If your husband wears 3/4 pants and I see, I am going to call the fashion police. No man should wear those pants, lol.

Cape Cod MA
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Man's clothing for travel

Thanks to all...no 3/4 pants or shorts, but he now feels comfortable with his choice of jeans

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Man's clothing for travel

Not sure why not the shorts, on my days off I wear them all the time as well as on vacation weather permitting.

6. Re: Man's clothing for travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:18