We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels and Bruges

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels and Bruges

Hii!!

We will be moving from Paris to Amsterdam!

We have a very limited time. Our plan is to move to Brussels from Paris at morning, keep our luggage at cloak room in Brussels Railway Station (if there is any???) and visit the city.

At evening we will be taking a train from Brussels to Bruges and will night stay at Bruges.

In the next day morning we will see Bruges and will leave for Amsterdam.

I know it is a hectic tour, but please let me know is it possible?

Cheers!!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels and Bruges

It's possible, as Thalys from Paris to Brussels takes only 1h22. The train terminates at Bruxelles-Midi but your ticket includes free transfer on any local train (e.g. those going to the airport) to Gare centrale, which is close to the Grand' Place. I would take this transfer with your luggage and leave this in lockers at Gare centrale, because you can then depart from this station to Brugge (Brugge trains start at Gare du Nord and pass through Gare centrale and Gare du Midi on the way out of the city).

You would presumably be leaving Brugge the following afternoon, you need to look at train timetables to determine whether this would be via Antwerp or via Brussels - which might be the case if you were continuing by Thalys. For example, dep. Brugge 14:36, arr. Bxl-Midi 15:34 dep. 15:52 (Thalys), arr. Amsterdam-Centraal 17:41.

In both cases, make sure to buy an ABS (Any Belgian Station) ticket covering trip from Brussels to Brugge and Brugge to Brussels as well as Thalys between Paris-Brussels and Brussels-Amsterdam. This is automatically the case if you put Paris-Brugge and Brugge-Amsterdam into www.b-europe.com/Travel - you don't have to take whatever IC train is indicated for connection to Brugge, you are free to take any train on the date of arrival from Paris or (as in your case) the next day.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels and Bruges

Thank u qaminari!!

It really helped me a lot!!!

3. Re: Brussels and Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:18