We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

De Lijn - Day pass validity

Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
De Lijn - Day pass validity

De Lijn website offers 1-, 3-, 5- and 7- day passes. However, the information concerning validity of the passes is rather vague. I would like to know if I can travel from Brussels to Leuven and than to Mechelen on the same day with 1-day pass (7 Euro) or if the pass is valid for one zone only (i.e. can be used for 1 day in one city only)?

delijn.be/en/…index.htm

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: De Lijn - Day pass validity

I don't think the website is vague at all, it rather clearly says you can use the 1-day pass on the entire DL network, given that it covers ALL DL vehicles (except - specified in the Dutch version of the website - express lines in Limburg). So you can indeed use it from Brussels to Leuven and Leuven to Mechelen and back: bearing in mind, of course, that each of these separate trips takes 1 hr or more. And it only costs €5 if you buy it before you get on the bus, either from the DL office at Gare du Nord (if you can ever find it open!) or the machine outside it.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: De Lijn - Day pass validity

<And it only costs €5 if you buy it before you get on the bus, either from the DL office at Gare du Nord (if you can ever find it open!) or the machine outside it.>

You can also buy De Lijn tickets and passes in certain shops. You can search for these sales points by commune here applicaties.delijn.be/vvkpunten/?taal=en

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,539 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: De Lijn - Day pass validity

You can also buy them at railway station ticket offices, at least they have the DL logo on their windows. But I always stock up at the machine at Gare du Nord, using a Bancontact card: it also accepts coins, €10 notes and €20 notes.

4. Re: De Lijn - Day pass validity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 06:22