We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Train System: Brussels > Ghent > Bruges > Antwerp

Cleveland, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Help with Train System: Brussels > Ghent > Bruges > Antwerp

Hello!

I am planning a trip to Belgium in May, and will be jumping around quite a bit on the train system. Does anyone have any idea on how much I should budget for taking the train from Brussels>Ghent>Bruges>Antwerp (all one way)? I am under 26. Also, would I need to prepurchase any of these, or just buy at the counter? Is there a difference in price?

Thank you in advance!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Train System: Brussels > Ghent > Bruges > Antwerp

As you are under 26, you can use Go Pass 1 for each of these trips and Brussels-Ghent, Ghent-Brugge and Brugge-Antwerp = 3 trips, so 3 x €6 = €18, See belgianrail.be/en/…go-pass-1.aspx

You can't buy these at the counter so you must either buy online from the belgianrail site (make sure to specify the correct date of travel as you can use the ticket on any train on the route in question on that date, but not on a different date) or from ticket machines at the station - if these are working and take your credit card, which would require use of a PIN (belgianrail.be/en/…buy-payment.aspx).

Cleveland, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Train System: Brussels > Ghent > Bruges > Antwerp

Thank you for your help! It seems like that's the best option. Would I be able to get one as well from the airport into the city center?

3. Re: Help with Train System: Brussels > Ghent > Bruges > Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:17