We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving holiday from Dunkirk to Amsterdam and back - ideas?

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
106 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Driving holiday from Dunkirk to Amsterdam and back - ideas?

Morning all,

We are driving from ferry at Dunkirk in first week of May to take in some sights for a week.

Our only 'must' is that we have to be in Amsterdam on Sunday night for a concert but other than that we are free to go wherever and stay wherever.

Simply by looking at the map (and having done no further research as yet) I've roughly come up with an idea of Dunkirk / Ypres area - Amsterdam (maybe Haarlem) - coming back via Antwerp or Ghent - Reims - Lille (with day trips into Paris on fast train).

As I say there is nothing set in stone so happy for all suggestions - particularly places to stay where we can park and still get around to sightsee. I'll consider a mix of options from basic cheap motels through to a 5 star château!

All ideas gratefully received.

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving holiday from Dunkirk to Amsterdam and back - ideas?

First of all, there are some dates you should be aware of:-

1 May 2014 (Thu) May Day (National holiday)

8 May 2014 (Thu) Brussels Region Day (Regional holiday)

29 May 2014 (Thu) Ascension (National holiday)

30 May 2014 (Fri) banks are closed (National holiday)

The first two may affect your travels throughout France & Belgium as you say this is when you say your trip is to take place.

It would help to know what your interests so that more specific replies can be provided.

2. Re: Driving holiday from Dunkirk to Amsterdam and back - ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:19