We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange.

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange.

Am I best to exchange my sterling into euros in England prior to my trip or in a bank in Belgium, today I can get 1.175 euros to the Pound.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,254 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange.

<Am I best to exchange my sterling into euros in England prior to my trip or in a bank in Belgium>

Not at a bank in Belgium. I'm not sure that many of them do that now.

<today I can get 1.175 euros to the Pound>

Mid-market rate at the time of writing is €1.215 for £1 www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/…

Do you have a UK bank debit card that you could use in Belgian cash machines ?

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange.

Using your debit card in a Belgian ATM wouldn't have got you a better rate today.

It is always better to arrive with at least some cash in hand. Being constantly ripped off by your bank is one of the consequences of the UK retaining the pound sterling.

3. Re: Money exchange.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:16