We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belgium - best time to visit

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Belgium - best time to visit

Hello,

My partner and I are planning a trip to Europe starting January/February 2015.

We are planning to be away for roughly 4.5-5 months.

When is the best time between January/February and June/July to visit Belgium?

Also if anyone can give any ideas on the average number of Aussie dollars per day we would need to budget in Belgium it would be greatly appreciated :)

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

I presume that you both hold passports of an EEA country?

The problem with a budgeting question is that it is a bit like trying to ask how long a piece of string is.

I think that you have to do your own research on accommodation, travel and sightseeing costs - and decide what you want to do, and then it might be possible to suggest what you should budget for, for example, eating.

It would anyway be totally impossible to give a clear idea in Australian dollars - you will have to pay in euros (or other local currencies outside the eurozone) and nobody can forecast what the exchange rate will be in 6-12 months time.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

<When is the best time between January/February and June/July to visit Belgium?>

The nearer the (northern hemisphere) summer, the better.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

I read the same question on the Polish page. If you want to spend 4 months in Europe and a lot of times in the North or East you will get always the same answers .... Our countries are much nicer in the spring then in the winter.

So if you really want to leave Australia in the wintermonths start then in the South of Europe and travel north/east after the coldest time is finished.

As other said your questions about money are nearly impossible to answer, it all depends on what you want to do, which attractions/museums you want to visit and what quality hotels you want to sleep in...

Namur, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

Hello,

The best time to visit a country is, I think, when the weather is great.

So you should come in Belgium in June/July (it's summer in Belgium) rather than January/February (it's winter in Belgium).

However, the weather in Belgium is not really predictable, the country is well-known for its rain. I can not promise you that the sun will shine during these two months.

But visiting Belgium without having to confront a big rain ... it's not visiting Belgium :p

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

Hello

The others are right.

I would therefore recommend starting from south and going up north according to time.

Weather is better on mediterranean side in jan feb march - Portugal, south of France, Spain (not Madrid or north !) unless you like snow in Belgium or -20 in Poland....

mfg.

6. Re: Belgium - best time to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:16