We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charleroi airport- antwerp/Brussel- (also weekend)

Piran, Slovenia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
charleroi airport- antwerp/Brussel- (also weekend)

Hello.

I would like to have some fresh and new informations first about how to reach Antwerp from Charleroi airport in a normal working day at the beginning o september? The best way? cheap also. I will have also a lot of baggage, probably.

And second how to reach Charleroi airport on sunday early in the morning from Brussels or Charleroi, what is better? The flight is at 10.00h, I think. Are there any problems on sunday morning? How much time does it takes approximatly?

Thank you very much.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,060 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charleroi airport- antwerp/Brussel- (also weekend)

There isn't any fresh or new information, the 2 methods of getting to/from CRL by public transport have not changed, so you either take the coach to Brussels Gare du Midi (€13 single, €22 return) and then the train to Antwerp (€6.60; so total cost, €19.60, or €17.60 if you buy return bus ticket), or you take the local bus (A or 68) to Charleroi-Sud railway station and train from there (flat-rate combo ticket maximum €19.40; although for Antwerp the train fare from Charleroi-Sud is only €13.60 and I think the bus costs €3.50 so you might just as well pay these separately).

As you should be at Charleroi by around 08:30 at the very latest, you will have to decide for yourself whether to stay there the night before (there is an Ibis next to Charleroi-Sud railway station and buses from there only take about 10 mins to CRL) or take an early coach from Bruxelles-Midi: they leave every half-hour from 4 a.m., including on Sundays, see http://www.voyages-lelan.be/xml/page.html or voyages-lelan.be/xml/… and then you have to put a date in the "booking" box to get the timetable). The buses from Bxl to CRL take between 45-60 mins depending on traffic.

I am surprised to hear you will have a lot of baggage given how much no-frills airlines (which are the only ones that use CRL) tend to charge for it! Buses are generally easier with luggage than trains, but for this trip you can't really avoid the train - unless you can get yourself to BRU, that is, Brussels Airport, and take the Antwerp Express bus from there.

2. Re: charleroi airport- antwerp/Brussel- (also weekend)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 08:50