We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Boom to Antwerpen in the night?

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reykjavik, Iceland
6 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Boom to Antwerpen in the night?

Me and my friends are going to the Tomorrowland 2013 festival that will take place on 26, 27 & 28 July 2013, at recreationarea "De Schorre" in Boom, Belgium.

We know it is easy to travel by train or even bus to Boom from Antwerp in the day, but how can we travel back to the hotel in Antwerp from Boom for example when the time is 02:00?

In the night, are the same trains and buses still active? Also, what buses/trains should we consider?

We'll most likely be staying at the Ambassador Suites in Antwerp, it's about 15km away from Boom.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Boom to Antwerpen in the night?

Trains cease running around midnight or earlier: the last train from Boom to Antwerp on a Friday is at 22:41, with a change at St. Niklaas; and at the moment they don't even run from Antwerp to Boom on Saturdays, although they do on Sundays.

Information on TA relating to last year's festival referred to extra buses being put on during the festival by the Flemish bus company De Lijn, and the line (500) in question serves both Mechelen and Antwerp. The last one from Boom is normally around 01:40, but I think you had better ask when you are here about specific arrangements for the 2013 festival.

The only other means of transport if you aren't hiring a car would be taxi and post #4 here refers to, shall we say, "informal" taxis: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188644-i205-k5811…

2. Re: How to travel from Boom to Antwerpen in the night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:15