We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Large Selection of Chocolate in Antwerp

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Seeking Large Selection of Chocolate in Antwerp

Hello, I'm visiting Antwerp in the near future and would like to bring back a lot of chocolate to share. I'm looking for a wide variety of the less expensive chocolates that will last (Milka, Lindt, Marabou, Ritter Sport, Côte-d'Or).

Can you please recommend a store or hyper market that has a vast selection of these brands?

I'm most appreciative for any advice.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34,519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Large Selection of Chocolate in Antwerp

Milka - originally made by Swiss company Suchard - is effectively American, even if Belgium is one of a dozen or so countries of production; Lindt is (still) Swiss, Ritter Sport is German, and Marabou turns out to be Swedish - I have never seen it. The only brand you mention that is recognisably Belgian is Côte d'Or which you will find in any supermarket, together with plenty of other Belgian brands such as Galler, Jacques, Callebaut, Guylian, New Tree, Dolfin and supermarket own brands, plus non-Belgian brands like Nestlé and Tobler.

I guess the bigger the supermarket, the wider the range so in Antwerp you There are 65 supermarkets on here: www.openingsuren.com/lijst.php… (click on volgende pagina for other pages): I think this would be the biggest of the most central ones: http://www.openingsuren.com/detail.php?edit=5001640&page=3&naam=Carrefour+Market+(GB) - the only Hypermarket in the Antwerp area seems to be Hypermarché Carrefour BURCHT, Zwijndrechtsestraat 151

2070 Burcht which is just outside the Antwerp Ring on the left bank of the Meuse, near Zwijndrecht.

Leonidas is not expensive and there are branches all over (e.g. at De Keyserlei 7), but for something better you should try one of those mentioned on here: en.yelp.be/search…

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Large Selection of Chocolate in Antwerp

There's a Carrefour Market with a good selection of chocolates in the heart of the historical centre. You will find it on the basement floor of Groenplaats Shopping Centre which is on Groenplaats. You can't miss!

3. Re: Seeking Large Selection of Chocolate in Antwerp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Antwerp