We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Antwerp!

Which Antwerp hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Antwerp!

I have a last minute business trip to Antwerp, so have not had much time to research the city as I would normally do. It appears I will have 2 half days (Sunday afternoon upon arrival and Wednesday from about Noon on) to have some fun!

What are the "must do's" in Antwerp? I am an avid walker, enjoy historical places, architecture, some shopping, and museums. Maybe some thoughts on things to do outside vs, inside if it is pouring rain! Oh, and I will definitely want to check out some chocolate shops...

Also, I am staying at the Lindner, which is near our offices and the Central Station. So any suggestions for a nice restaurant in that area to take customers to and then some casual pub and/or ethnic food places for co-workers to go to would be great too.

Finally, I like to run in the mornings. Any suggestions for a good, safe (solo female traveler) place to run near the Lindner?

Thanks in advance for your help! I am really looking forward to exploring Antwerp.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Things to do in Antwerp!

I enjoy these free Use It maps and find they offer unique advice. The website says it is tourist info for young people but (even though I do not fall in that category!) I still enjoy many of the suggestions. I haven't used the Antwerp one but here is the link:

http://www.use-it.be/antwerp/map/

Happy travels!

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Things to do in Antwerp!

My trip to Antwerp was wonderful! What a beautiful city...I had a whole day for sight-seeing because one of my meetings was cancelled. So on Wednesday, I walked for hours (no rain!!). All along the River Scheldt, including Het Steen. I shopped on Koosterstraat. Had lunch in Antwerpen Zuid. It was a perfect day. I took a ton of photos. And in the rain last Sunday, I toured the Cathedral and Rubenshuis. And while everyone complains about the restaurants near Central Station, I must say we had a wonderful meal at Bella Vista on de Keyserlai one night. Great service and very nice Italian food.

13. Re: Things to do in Antwerp!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 05:19