We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite spot for a beer near center?

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite spot for a beer near center?

Hi,

We are going to be in Brussels next week, and I'd love to know of a good spot to enjoy one of the terrific beers and do a little people watching. Last time there, I randomly picked a spot on the Grand Place, but I am sure some are better than others. Considerations: I'll take good price over good decor,and I will have a 9 year old with me. It's great fun to arrive somewhere new and lead my family to a great spot recommended by a local! Thanks for suggestions.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
104 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite spot for a beer near center?

Hey Scott,

You will be pleased to knock back some very nice beers in these pubs where you'll meet a lot of locals. They're all in the city centre :

- A LA MORT SUBITE, Warmoesberg 7 1000 Brussels.

(www.alamortsubite.be)

- EL METTEKO, Anspachlaan 88 1000 Brussels

- Café MONK, Sint Katelijnestraat 42 1000 Brussels

- CIRIO, Beursstraat 18 1000 Brussels

- LE ROI DES BELGES, Jules Van Praetstraat 35 1000 Brussels

Enjoy!!!

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite spot for a beer near center?

if beer is your plan then the places mentioned are ok if people watchng i am fairly dubious about morte subite and cirios.

other than the grand place other places are the bar in front of the metropole and it is pretty impressive inside as well.

there are a couple of nice places near the ugc at toison d'or,

there are a few seats outside the poechenellekelder near the mannekin pis.

there are some good beer and view type places round st getry, which is always a good area for food and relaxing.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
54 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite spot for a beer near center?

I'm going to add Le Poechenellekelder. It is in view of the Mannekin Pis, so there are tons of people and their selection of beer is better than average.

Beer Circus is another that comes to mind, but much more for the food and beer than people watching.

4. Re: Favorite spot for a beer near center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 22:03
5. Re: Favorite spot for a beer near center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 22:16