We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro star station

Grays
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Euro star station

Hi

I hope you can help me I'm traveling to Brussels on the Euro star at the end of November.

How far is the main tourist area ie shops / places of interest. Is it possible to walk or is the distance too far.

Also what should I see on a day trip?

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Brussels
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Viva Brussels Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
The Brussels Journey - Beer and Chocolate Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours
A Zonzo Tour
City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro star station

Final stop of the Eurostar is Brussel-Zuid (Bruxelles-Midi).

You can take a local commuter train to Brussel-Centraal which is only one stop further.

Grays
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro star station

Thanks for your reply, Is there a ticket office to buy a ticket to the next station or do I need to use a machine?

brussels
Destination Expert
for Brussels
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro star station

i would take one of the many trams to bourse and walk five minutes ot the grand place form there, another way would be to get the metroto de bruckere and tak a five mknute walk from.

trams can be a bit awkward if you have luggage though.

if you take the trian doesnt your ticket cover any belgin station ?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,436 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro star station

Brusselsboy is correct you can travel onwards to any Belgian rail station with the Eurostar ticket so no need to buy another. Same goes for the way back, just jump on any train to Central station but be prepared as it looks like a bomb has hit it at the moment. Don't let that put you off.

When you come out of the main entrance cross the road and head down hill towards the Grand Place which is spectacular.

Grays
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro star station

Thank you all for your replies they were very helpful.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro star station

I have just come back from Brussels last weekend, by Eurostar.

The eurostar arrives at the Midi station. I then got a tram (either 4 or 55)from inside the station up to Brouchare, where my hotel was. There is an information kiosk just outside the Eurostar, so ask in there where to go. They will also give you a free map of the city. The Bourse tram stop which is near the Grand Place is the stop before where I got off, the tram takes 10 mins at the most.

The grand Place is lovely, don't miss it, also don't miss the ice-cream and the waffles, and the bars which open all the time, except Sunday night.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euro star station

from gare du midi take the tram to Bourse st. This journey as well other other train journeys to antwerp, ghent etc will be free on the first day you arrive to Brussels using your eurostar ticket.

grand place from Bourse st is a 2 minute walk, its literally behind the Bourse stock exchange building.

8. Re: Euro star station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 18:15