We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Good Quality Hotel by the Midi

austin, tx
1 post
Save Topic
A Good Quality Hotel by the Midi

Hello,

I have never been to Europe but must plan a trip for my boss this April. He wants a 4 star hotel by the midi and I was wondering if anyone had advice?

I do sincerely appreciate your time..

Also...If we choose a hotel next to the central station, how do i find the schedule of times to travel to the midi from there? They have an early train (6am) from brussels to Einhoven..Can they hop onto the central station to reach Eindhoven...and where might i find the difference in time?

Thanks again!

Barbara

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Good Quality Hotel by the Midi

There is no 4* hotel by the Gare du Midi, and it is not a nice area to stay in at all. The best bet if it is absolutely necessary would probably be the 3* Ibis, see booking.com/hotel/be/ibisgaremidi.en.html. It's just across the road from the station.

However, a better bet would be the 5* Hotel Méridien across the road from the Central station (gare centrale) from where they can also travel to Eindhoven, on the same train as they would have caught at Gare du Midi:

Dep. Bruxelles-Midi 06:15/Bruxelles-Central 06:19 arr. Eindhoven 09:00 (changing in Dordrecht)

Dep. Bruxelles-Midi 06:24/Bruxelles-Central 06:28 arr. Eindhoven 09:30 (changing in Maastricht)

(All trains to Dordrecht and Maastricht start at Midi, then call at Central then at Nord, these 3 stations in Brussels are all in a row.)

If the Méridien hotels-belgium.com/brussel-center/brussels-h… is too expensive, 4° hotels in the area are the Hotel Carrefour de l'Europe and the Hotel NH Grand Place. There are also an Ibis and a Novotel between the Méridien and the Hotel Carrefour de l'Europe.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Good Quality Hotel by the Midi

hi.

i stayed in le meridien and it is a very fine hotel just across the train station-very convinient to go everywhere.hi gaminari!thanks for all the very useful information about brussels.last year we visited we had a great time-you live in a wonderful city.

3. Re: A Good Quality Hotel by the Midi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:17